Producing Assistants | Expressions of Interest
Stories Like are looking for three Producing Assistants to join the team for our upcoming production of MinusOneSister, premiering as part of Griffin Theatre Company’s Griffin Independent season in September.
We are looking for creative, skilled and enthusiastic people with some experience in theatre production, marketing, production management, and arts administration. These roles would suit to recent graduates looking for mentorship opportunities to develop their own skills in producing independent theatre.
We are looking for people with:
- Enthusiasm, creativity and professionalism.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work comfortably and effectively in the role of an assistant.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with external contacts and represent the company positively.
The Producing Assistants will each have a specific role, but expected to work collaboratively within a small team, supporting the Producer, Artistic Director and other creatives in the areas of Marketing, Development, and Production.
How to Apply
If you are interested please email Peter Gahan at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and specify which role or tasks you are specifically interested in. Please include a short overview of your experience and interest in this role, and what you sort of professional development opportunities you would like to achieve by working with us.
Expressions of Interest close Monday 29 June.
- Work with Stories Like These to develop and deliver a comprehensive marketing plan and digital campaign.
- Liaise with Griffin Theatre Company’s marketing team and coordinate marketing activities.
- Produce a short promotional video trailer.
- Create an education pack for school group bookings.
- Research and undertake strategies for promoting the production.
- Assist with distribution of promotional material.
- Develop relationships with other businesses and organisations to develop cross-promotional opportunities
Development (Fundraising and Sponsorship)
- Assist with the development and implementation of strategies to enhance philanthropic donations and sponsorship opportunities.
- Develop and manage a crowdfunding campaign, including seeking our sponsors to donate rewards for supporters.
- Attract donors to make tax-deductible donations through our Australian Cultural Fund project.
- Identify other funding sources and develop appropriate fundraising ventures.
- Work with the Producer and Stage Manager to plan and deliver all of the requirements for the production, including scheduling, budgeting and production management.
- Oversee bump in and out.
- Liaise with all members of the creative team to ensure that artistic needs of the production are met in an effective and efficient manner.
All Producing Assistants will be expected to attend production meetings, marketing meetings, and full runs of rehearsals, where required. MinusOneSister is a co-op, profit share production in accordance with the standard MEAA Co-operative Agreement. All persons involved are providing their services without award-wage payment.
Key Production Dates:
Pre-production: Already underway
Rehearsals Start: 1 August
Bump in / Tech: 7 & 8 Sep
Previews: 9 & 10 Sep
Opening Night: 11 Sep
Closing / Bump out: 3 Oct