Producing Assistant / FOH Manager | Expressions of Interest
Stories Like These are looking for a Producing Assistant / FOH Manager (potentially two) to join the team for our upcoming production of Blink, performing at the KXT – Kings Cross Theatre in February / March.
We are looking for creative, skilled and enthusiastic people with some experience in theatre production, marketing, production management, and arts administration. These roles would suit to recent graduates looking for mentorship opportunities to develop their own skills in producing independent theatre.
We are looking for people with:
- Enthusiasm, creativity and professionalism.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work comfortably and effectively in the role of an assistant.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with external contacts and represent the company positively.
We are very keen to tailor the experience to suit the interests of the individual. If you’re interested in any of the following, we can provide mentorship and experience in the following areas: theatre producing, production management, design, marketing, stage management, observation of rehearsals.
What we require from you:
- To manage and operate the box office at the venue using TryBooking ticketing system and act as Front of House Manager during performances (3 hour shift per performance).
- Assistance during bump-in and technical rehearsals.
- Producing Assistants will be invited to attend production meeting and rehearsals, and full runs of rehearsals, where required and available.
Blink is a co-op, profit share production in accordance with the standard MEAA Co-operative Agreement. All persons involved are providing their services without award-wage payment. The Production Assistant / FOH Manager role is a one-point share in our co-op structure. If two individuals are brought on board, they will equally share the amount of FOH shifts on an agreed upon roster and receive a 0.5 point profit-share each.
How to Apply
If you are interested please email Producer, Peter Gahan, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a very short overview of your experience and interest in this role, and what you sort of professional development opportunities you would like to achieve by working with us.
Expressions of Interest close Monday 23 January 6pm.
Key Production Dates:
Rehearsals: Already underway
Bump in / Tech: 6 – 8 February
Previews: 9 & 10 February
Opening Night: 11 February
Performance Times: Tuesday – Saturday 8pm, Sunday 5pm (FOH required from 90mins prior)
Closing Night: 4 March
Bump out: 5 March